Adobo Chicken Recipe
Adobo is a traditional Filipino dish that is savory, tangy, and slightly sweet. Here is a simple recipe for a classic chicken adobo:
- 4 lbs boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. whole peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- In a large pot, combine the chicken, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaf, and sugar.
- Stir the ingredients together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the pot over medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let the chicken simmer for about 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking the chicken for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is nicely browned.
- Serve the chicken with rice and enjoy!
Note: If you prefer a slightly sweeter adobo, you can add more sugar. If you like it tangier, you can add more vinegar. And if you like it spicier, you can add more peppercorns or red pepper flakes.